So I’m celebrating Joanne Rowling today. A British novelist, gifted, intelligent, genius author and an amazing woman who I admire a lot. Joanne Rowling popularly known as J.K. Rowling is the author of Harry Potter. Joanne Rowling was born on the 31st of July 1965. Jo wanted to be a writer from an early age. She wrote her first book at the age of six. At just eleven, she wrote her first novel. The idea of Harry Potter came to her in 1990 while sitting on a delayed train from Manchester to London King’s Cross. The Harry Potter books were one of the fastest selling books in history.
Today J.K. Rowling is one of the most influential and richest author in the world. This was a woman who was rejected from college at age 17. At age 25 she lost her mother. At age 27, she got married and had a baby girl. At age 28, she got divorced due to abuse from her husband. She was diagnosed with severe depression. At age 29, she was a single mother living on welfare. At age 30, she wanted to commit suicide. But she focused on what she likes doing which is ‘writing’. At age 31, she published her first book. At age 35, she had released 4 books and was named author of the year. At age 42, she sold 11 million copies of her new book on the first day of release.
Her story is just so inspiring to me. These are few inspiring quotes from J.K. Rowling;
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all ;- In which case you fail by default”
- “It is important to remember that we all have magic inside us”
- “Whatever money you might have, self-worth really lies in finding out what you do best”
- “Love wins. It does win. We know it wins. When a person dies, Love isn’t turned off.”
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be”
She is truly a source of inspiration and a phenomenal woman!
Please drop your comments below or send an email if you have inspiring stories to share with us here. Thanks.
Have a lovely weekend guys.