So I’m celebrating Michelle Obama today. A phenomenal woman who is a huge inspiration to me. I’m just so excited celebrating this great woman. I admire her so much. Michelle Obama was born in Chicago, Illinois on 17th January 1964.
Michelle is an American lawyer and writer who was First lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017. She is married to the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama and was the first African-American First lady. As the 44th First lady of the United States, Michelle Obama focused her attention on issues such as the support of military families, helping working women balance career and family and encouraging national service. In 2009, Michelle Obama was named Barbara Walters’ most fascinating person of the year. In May 2014, Michelle joined the campaign to bring back school girls who had been kidnapped in Nigeria.
Essence listed Michelle among “25 of the World’s Most Inspiring Women.” Vanity Fair listed her among “10 of the World’s Best Dressed People.” Michelle was an honorary guest at Oprah Winfrey’s Legends Ball as a “Young” paying tribute to the ‘Legends’ who helped pave the way for African-American women. In 2015, Michelle joined President Obama to launch “Let Girls Learn”, a U.S government-wide initiative to help girls around the world to go to school and stay in school.
These are few inspiring quotes from Michelle Obama;
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
- “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
- “Strong men who are truly role models- Don’t need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful.”
- “As women we must stand up for ourselves. As women we must stand up for each other. As women we must stand up for justice for all.”
- “There is no limit to what we as women can accomplish”
She is truly a source of inspiration and a phenomenal woman!
Please drop your comments below or send an email if you have inspiring stories to share with us here. Thanks.
Have a lovely weekend guys.
Leave a Reply