So I’m celebrating Melinda Gates today. A phenomenal woman who is a huge inspiration to me. Melinda Gates was born on August 15, 1964 in Dallas, Texas, USA.
Melinda Gates is an American philanthropist. She is a formal Microsoft employee and co-founder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Through her work at the foundation over the last fifteen years, Melinda has seen first-hand that empowering women and girls can bring transformational improvements in the health and prosperity of families, communities and societies.
In 2012, Melinda spearheaded the London Summit on Family Planning, which adopted the goal of delivering contraceptives to an additional 120 million women in developing countries by 2020. Her work has led her to increasingly focus on gender equity as a path to meaningful change.
These are few inspiring quotes from Melinda Gates;
- “If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.”
- “Women and girls should be able to determine their own future, no matter where they’re born.”
- “If you invest in a girl or a woman, you’re investing in everyone else.”
- “Philanthropy is not about the money. It’s about using whatever resources you have at your fingertips and applying them to improving the world.”
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.”
She is truly a source of inspiration and a phenomenal woman!
Please drop your comments below or send an email if you have inspiring stories to share with us here. Thanks.
Have a lovely weekend guys.