The longevity of the present lockdown in most parts of the world today has the tendency to lead you to boredom or even depression if care is not taken.
Here are some suggestions of the things you can do in order to keep positively occupied and equally improving yourself.
- Play games: Board or card games are recommended. Playing games keeps you mentally awake. It makes you develop good thinking abilities and strategies needed to unravel difficult situations. Incase you don’t have manual games, they are also available online.
- Watch a film/Read a book/ Write a book/a short play: Knowledge is inexhaustible and learning is unending. You can’t afford to stop learning. Get new ideas from films/documentaries and books, then get creative with these information and come out with your own ideas all put into a book or a short play.
- Start a course/Learn a language/Improve your skills: These days, there are several courses you can take up online. You may even decide to learn a new language or improve on an already acquired skill.
- Reflect/Medidate: This is a good time to reflect on your life goals and dreams. Assess and redefine your goals. It’s not a time to brood over your past mistakes and indulge in self pity! Learn from those experiences and redefine your dreams. Be thankful and commit those dreams into God’s hands.
- Sing and learn new dance steps: Singing your favourite genres helps you let out some air and ofcourse dancing is a good form of exercise which has its benefits.
- Keep fit/Work Out: You need to exercise in order to burn those calories from food. Take a walk observing social distancing or go online to get some tips on the suitable exercise you need. Dancing is a good form of exercise too.
- Try cooking something new: This is a time to get more creative with your cooking skills. Go online and learn more recipes so you can have a variety of dishes. You may even decide to begin a small garden of vegetables if you have the space for it.
- Save and Plan a Holiday: No doubts the lockdown has enabled you to save some money. You can plan a holiday when the coast is clear. Save and plan to ‘get away’ from the same place you have been for two months or even more.
- Family time/Connecting with friends: There is no better time than this to get bonded with your family members and good friends. You need good people to share your thoughts and aspirations with. It’s a time to reassure your family of your love and devotedness. It’s a time to sing and pray together in order to prepare yourselves for the coming future.