Today is World Suicide Prevention Day. This is an awareness day observed on 10 September every year, in order to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides. This year, the theme for World Suicide Prevention Day is ‘Working Together to Prevent Suicide’.
You never really know what another person is dealing with so be kind. Just listening to what someone has to say and taking it seriously can be very helpful. I encourage anyone with suicidal thoughts to reach out for help. Let your family or friends know what’s going on. Life will throw many obstacles in our life’s path that will make us sad or disappointed at times. But dealing positively with these obstacles is what makes the difference! You’re stronger than you think and you’re going to get through the tough times. You never know what tomorrow may bring so don’t ever give up on life.
Some of the factors that can show that someone is at risk of feeling suicidal are:
- Feeling depressed, withdrawn and anxious
- Loss of interest in hobbies, work, socialising or even in their appearance
- Expressing feelings of hopelessness or purposelessness
- Acting impulsively or in a reckless way and not caring what happens to them
- Talking about suicide, death or dying or wanting it to all end
Please check out this links (https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/a-to-z/s/suicide), (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/), (https://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/Awareness-Events/Suicide-Prevention-Awareness-Month), (https://www.suicideispreventable.org/)
Leave a Reply